View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 05:34 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Mikuni carb kit from Performance 670

I ran a 32mm CV pumper on my 420, it has vegas cam and rod, head is cut and ported, header, 1.3 rockers, etc. I could not get much top end but it ran great, started great. Finally tied up the spring in there and it was better. Got a 30mm slide carb and more top end for sure, it starts and runs good also. It will bog a tiny bit at low speed if I floor it but not always, my clutch is not set up perfect but most of the time its fine. I also have an intake I built that puts the carb above the cylinder with a pipe around to the head. I really like it but don't know how it affects performance. Its 32mm also. They run 32mm on clones but I think those are built kart engines. Seems like a 30-32 would be fine for a 670. Its big for a 420-460 unless it has a big cam IMO. I would guess I hit 5500 with mine now but I slow back down. It is still pulling there, much better than the CV carb that did not want to open all the way I guess. It hit 5200 with the CV, it blows right past that speed. I had it to 41 it will go faster but its getting dicey so i let off.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote