View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 12:27 AM   #7
jaymz
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: '98 CC Villager slows to a stop on hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
Ok 12mph sounds slow for flat land. Can you push the cart with one hand on flat level paved (like in drive way)land. Brakes or something else might be dragging.
I can push it no problem. I know for certain it is an electrical issue. Brakes are ok, no flat tires, bad bearings, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delagem View Post
Post a picture of your wiring. Something of good enough quality that we can make out the wiring.

Put a voltmeter across your pack. Tell us the voltage when still, and again when going up that hill.

Any chance that voltage reducer is a 16v to 12v reducer, that you're hooking up to full pack voltage? And what is this "ground" you speak of? Don't hook your reducer to the cart frame, it needs to go to a battery terminal.

Your pack wiring, if correct (like no battery in backwards or something), should work for your testing. But it won't charge correctly. So I wouldn't use this long-term.
I'll post pics when I can, but aside from not knowing exactly where to connect my fuse block feed, it matches the diagram. The voltage reducer connects to the bussbar riveted to the frame near the left side battery. The other end connects to the controller. It has factory 1/4" spade connectors on the bussbar end. I'm sure it never connected directly to the battery. I have not removed it from the cart to verify what it is. It looks like a factory part, so I'm assuming (dangerous) it's an original part.

I'm sure pack wiring is correct for everything that uses 48v. That's my main concern for now. Not really worried about charging at this point. I don't have a charger for it yet. I'm just using a couple of 24v chargers and splitting the pack in half when I need to charge.
jaymz is offline   Reply With Quote