View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 06:34 PM   #5
BigRed77
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 wont crank when hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Locate the solenoid, next to the battery. It's on that vertical plate between the battery and the wall. Theres 2 bug terminals and 2 little ones. Use a meter and hook the black lead to 1 terminal the the red lead to the other.it should show 12 volts when the pedal is depressed and 0 volts when the pedal is released.

Then check the 2 large lugs. 1 will read 12v so
All the time. The other will read 0 volts with the pedal released and 12v with the pedal pressed down. If the first check tests good, but you have 0 volts on the 2nd large lug when you press the pedal (you should also hwar/feel the solenoid click) then the solenoid is bad and needs to be replaced
Ok. So this is while it's still cold (so the engine is cranking)
Reading across both big lugs, I get 12V BEFORE pressing the pedal
Press the pedal and it drops to zero before the engine starts then goes all over the place depending on where I let it rev to

One lug to ground reads 12V all the time, the other reads 0V then goes to 12V when pedal is pressed

Since the engine is cool, I'm gunna go run around the neighborhood and only stop close to home, hoping I can time it right then check with the meter when it's not wanting to start
BigRed77 is offline   Reply With Quote