View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 11:46 AM   #3
BigRed77
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 wont crank when hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Locate the solenoid, next to the battery. It's on that vertical plate between the battery and the wall. Theres 2 bug terminals and 2 little ones. Use a meter and hook the black lead to 1 terminal the the red lead to the other.it should show 12 volts when the pedal is depressed and 0 volts when the pedal is released.

Then check the 2 large lugs. 1 will read 12v so
All the time. The other will read 0 volts with the pedal released and 12v with the pedal pressed down. If the first check tests good, but you have 0 volts on the 2nd large lug when you press the pedal (you should also hwar/feel the solenoid click) then the solenoid is bad and needs to be replaced
unfortunately this is the road I've been running down
a few weeks ago, I thought I had determined my solenoid was bad, got on Amazon and ordered one without doing much reading reviews, it came in and I installed it and all was well
it wasnt a direct fit and had to make some new holes to make it mount, but it worked.... in my figuring how to mount it, I came across a bunch of reviews that said it was crap and only lasted a short time
SO, Ffwd to last saturday when the cart suddenly quit on me, I quickly assumed it was the poor quality replacement solenoid and ordered one from buggies unlimited
it came yesterday and I put it on, and ended up with the description of what happened in the OP

I'll put the volt meter on it tonight,
I am in doubt just to think I could have gotten two bad solenoids in a row, but maybe I am just unlucky
BigRed77 is offline   Reply With Quote