View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 02:35 PM   #3
Brob1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Auto brake adjusters

Yeah, that was my line of thought. I put it all back together then proceeded to drive in reverse pushing the brakes. I must've driven nearly a mile going backwards and they never snugged up the way I would have liked.

The star adjusters don't really seem worn, but the adjuster (I believe you're correct about it being attached to the backer plate) seems to be able to easily skip over the top of the star wheel without properly engaging. That's why I'm thinking it's got too much slop. I am considering pulling them and seeing if I can give the rivet a good whack or two to take out some of the slop. Whether this would do the trick or not, I can't say. I was thinking that someone here may have run across this before.

You have the same year model cart as me so I am gonna say that we'll have some similar experiences. I may just go ahead and adjust them with a brake spoon and let it ride for a while. As long as I can safely stop, I'm not overly concerned; but I do like to have all systems functional.
Brob1969 is offline   Reply With Quote