View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
ROBinGA
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 96 TXT cart wish list to/do list

I just bought a 96 TXT electric and have several things I want to do to it. Mind you I am not trying to build a show piece on this one. It will be used on sporting clays courses and tournaments so its bound to get some nicks and scratches along the way. I just want it to be functional to ride us around at tournaments and courses and will mainly be on dirt or graveled pathways. No real off-roading just on dirt paths. Its a 96 TXT with rear seat. It came with a Textron charger, full coverage top, folding windshield, lights, a horn, and batteries that were new in Oct 2011, for which I paid $800. I have a picture but get a warning that I cannot post it until being a member for 30 days?!?
The body rocks and rolls if you pull on the roof supports and I have posted another thread asking about changing shocks and springs. Here is a list of things I want to do and some of these I have no idea how to accomplish. Any advice or opinions are appreciated.

- Key is non existant and previous owner could not find the one that fits the switch. There is a switch in the dash beside the battery meter that appears to be from a house type door lock. Its in the on position and cart operates fine but I want to replace with an ezgo switch like I found on a retailers website. How do I get to the back side of the dash without tearing the whole cart apart? Any better ideas than replacing with ezgo switch?

-I am ordering a Clays basket for the front and it appears to be an easy install on the roof support hardware. Anything to watch for on this accessory addition?

- I am going to get some sort of gun mount not so much for transporting the guns as we drive but a place to hold them while we might be out of the cart at a stop or lunch or other situation where you don't want to just lay it on the seat. Thinking about a floor mounted stand type.

- I am buying a set of like-new wheels and tires from a friend who removed them from a fairly new cart that he lifted. They are same size as mine are. Is this just a simple swap or do you replace anything or re-grease when swapping wheels and tires.

- Do you need to service the rear differential with fluid or grease?

- How do I ensure that the brakes are adjusted and still have life? They stop the cart fine and will make it slide if you slam them on but I want to be sure about safety.

Thanks for any help you care to offer.
ROBinGA is offline   Reply With Quote