View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 08:43 PM   #23
parks531
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2004 TXT hard start

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Agree with trig

You never mentioned, how does it run once it starts and runs? Why was the carb replaced? Did it have this same issue with the old carb? Have you checked to make sure the timing belt isn’t stretched or jump a tooth? What’s the history on this cart? Did you buy it this way, or have you owned it for a while and it slowly got to this point or did it suddenly happen overnight?

Lot of unanswered questions here
It runs great other than a small amount of backfire through the carburetor at the start of engine. ( Once it gets warm it's non existent) this backfire through the carburetor just started after a full genuine clean of the carburetor 2 weeks ago (venturi tube was cleaned with stranded wire). Microswitch clicks before the throttle moves on Carburetor. Carburetor was replaced by me 2 years ago when I purchased it due to a hard start, I put a cheap Chinese carburetor on it and had many issues and took it to a shop which replaced it with the ezgo service kit carburetor that is mentioned in my prior post. Hard start has always been an issue since I've owned the cart. Haven't checked timing belt whatsoever ever, any input on checking it/ correct timing?
parks531 is offline   Reply With Quote