View Single Post
Old 02-23-2023, 10:33 AM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Hooking 2 Honda 2000EU's and get one 30amp output plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Dave the connection part is easy but if you don’t have the 30 amp plug I don’t think what you have will work.
Yeah....it's "tough" for someone like me, who is a numbers guy.....but not an engineer...to wrap my brain around this stuff.

So, I actually called Honda and the kid was quite helpful....except after I hung up, I kept thinking. So, what he said was that the individual plugs on the 2000 and the 2200 are only rated at 20amps. So, hooking those two together, the max amps I would get was 20.

Ok...that made some sense as the "Companion" model has one plug that's rated at a 30amp output.

But...then I'm thinking again....I have two separate generators that can output 15amps each. If I connect them to an external source that will take each generators 15amp output, and parallel them into one plug, should the "demand" for power reach say....28amps, then it would draw 14amps from each generator. Even if the max amp draw from one plug is the 20 amps....I should be "good to go."

So, I found this https://www.ebay.com/itm/25566390529...Bk9SR6Sj--3PYQ which I think will do what I want.

Any thoughts? Comments? You will in no way hurt my feelings. I'm in my 60's and ran out of feelings when I was 55.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote