View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 06:01 PM   #1
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Everlast Welders? Anybody have one?

Looking for a welder to upgrade my crusty old Mig/FC box. Plenty of options locally, but all of them are pricey and just beyond what I want to pay for a welder that will really only get periodic use.
Lincoln, Miller, ESAB, all good no doubt, just expensive.
I had my eye on an ESAB machine which all sounded great until I got into the specs and found out it would not do AC Tig, so no weldy aluminum. Which is kind of the only reason I want a tig machine.

I came across the Everlast brand, and they seem to have some great options for machines, including a few with a built in Plasma cutter, which is now the one I have my eye on.
Now it stands to reason that a $1500 machine that does 3 different processes is not likely going to be excellent at all three, but it could very well be an upgrade over the machine I have which is not even all that good at the one function it's supposed to do.
Seems like they're made overseas somewhere (but isn't everything these days?) but they provide parts, accessories, upgrades, and support for all of their machines on their website, and all of their attachments are standardized and will swap with parts from other major brands. So if I don't like the mig gun or the Tig handle that comes with the machine I can screw on a Lincoln or Miller or Tweco unit in seconds.

The guys on Weld.com did a review of these and said they were fairly impressed by the features and the weld quality. And those guys actually do real reviews of machines, not just hokey "unboxing" and tell you the specs. They put it to use and try to see what it can do, and compare that through the eyes of their staff who have been in the industry for decades.

Still undecided on it. Thought I would ask here if anybody has one or has used one.
My other option is to bite the bullet and get a $3500 Miller setup. But then I won't have any budget left to buy all the LED lights I want for the shop.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote