View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 08:30 PM   #6
Guyger
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 89 ParCar G4S bogging, runs on choke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Almost certainly you need some crank seals. The overflow from your new carb is a dead give away.

Gas gets to from the tank to the carb by way of the fuel pump. Obviously, you are good there. Gas gets from the carb to the cylinder by way of engine vacuum. This is where it seems you are failing. Leaky cranks seals are, by far, the most common cause of leaky crank seals. Those actually aren't too bad to change on the 89s. Do some forum searches as those have been talked about a lot.
I was told by the guy who sold it to me that the seals were done. Why would leaky seals cause the carb to overflow? I was under the impression that the cheap chinese knock off carb's float needle seat is garbage since I tried to adjust the float height to no avail. Anyways, the knock off mikuni wasn't cutting it, so I put the old walbro back on after a good cleaning.

The cart is running, but now I need to play with the throttle linkages, springs, etc... What other symptoms would I be experiencing if it was the seals?
Guyger is offline   Reply With Quote