View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 09:36 AM   #2
Fastest1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry for being so long winded.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439561940.619661.jpg

here is the brake hose attached as mentioned above.
I did mill a simple bracket to mount the calipers and I captured the original tab on the rear end to maximize strength. Btw when Dana builds these rear ends they don't jig those plates, just approximate and both of my calipers are at slightly different angles. Not noticeable to anyone but the retentive among us. Does not effect use at all.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439562134.580394.jpg

I did not go thru the effort of changing my CAD file to require a different bracket. Just flip it over for the other side. Works perfect but if these were commercial I would modify the file.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439562228.610588.jpg

you can see here how the tab was captured to eliminate rotation or the shear load on the bolts alone. Who knows what speeds I am shooting for? More though!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439562355.206092.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed the first thread. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

There is an Alltrax XCT400 to arrive today. Expect a follow up review with video comparisons. The 42v charger and extra battery will be installed but I will test at 36 and 42 volts separately on video. Plus it's programmable via laptop. I already have the software as it is free from Alltrax, looks simple too.
Btw a front brake system will be added soon. Though I can lock up my brakes with ease now. I would get much better stopping with fronts too. Mostly likely going with drilled rear rotors all the way around a proportional valve and possibly Wilwood single piston in the rear and single or doubles in front.
I forgot to mention, I went in to the back of my local auto parts and bought premade hard lines with the correct fittings and simply put a 90 degree bend in them. I used a T fitting from Jeg's that the lines fit perfectly and gave me a mounting point. After ordering online I found a great Race Shop right near my house that had everything on the shelf at comparable prices. I will be back there. The have all of the Willwood stuff on the shelf!
Fastest1 is offline   Reply With Quote