View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 07:29 AM   #4
GC newbie
Getting Wild

Default Re: Columbia Par Car/Harley aka MishMashMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaConstable View Post
You're a good dad. Keep up the supportive ways.

Suggestion: If you're going to continue to run wiring through metal or fiberglass, make sure to grommet where the wiring passes through or some other method of protecting the wiring from chafing. If I read the photo correctly and you used some sealant from a tube, that may not be enough over the long term to stop the wires from chafing due to vibration. I'd hate to see all that good work and effort be trashed by short circuits down the road. Even fiberglass can chafe wiring given enough time. It might not create the same short condition that you would have with metal contact, but it can damage the wire.
Thanks. Good suggestion but I'm not too worried about the wires where they come through the fiberglass as they each have their own hole and a rubber boot that extends into the hole from the light. I do have to clean up and secure the wiring though as it's just temp wired. Have to be careful temp wiring doesn't become permanently not finished. Lol! I just wanted to show that these don't need a ginormous hole cut in the body to install.

Ernie S.
GC newbie is offline   Reply With Quote