View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Engine OH Went Well But Need Some more Advice

Hey Jeff,

My initial thought was the carb, but it sounds like you had that covered. Though, a small plug in the feeder screw on the bowl, having the feeder screw lined up incorrectly (the holes in the screw have to be lined up with the depressions in the bottom of the carb bowl), or a piece of dirt in the intake jet could all rob you of some fuel that you need to get revs.

One simple thing to check is where the throttle lever is on the carb. Is it potentially catching on anything? I know when I hooked my air intake back up to my carb, I had the screw nut on the clamp at the top, and it kept the throttle lever from moving as far forward as it needed to be to rev up.

Good also to check the action with the drive belt off or the cart on stands. If you have someone move the pedal, you can check the action on the lever. This could ID or eliminate a cable problem.

Good to also check the idle screw in the carb. It should be screwed in all the way, then be backed out 1 1/2 turns.

The shorter belt will make it more sluggish until it gets broken in, but you shouldn't lose your top end revs. Plus, it shouldn't be sluggish up hills.

Some ideas for you anyways. If you need a picture of a fuel pump hooked up correct, let me know.
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote