View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
Obee
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Engine OH Went Well But Need Some more Advice

Just put in new top and bottom kit on my '87 EZ GO. Went smooth and fired off with only above three revolutions. Took it out today and it starts right off but no power up top, won't rev up. Pulled plug out when I got home from 18 holes and it is tan to dark tan in color, looks good to me for a 4 stroke but not sure on the 2 timers. I mixed the gas at 40:1 as I was told in my other post "Engine Went Thunk".

Does it matter which nipple on the fuel pump goes to the carb or which way the pump goes on? Right now the angled nipple is towards the spark plug end or drivers side and I have the line from the tank going into this nipple.

Did the muffler check on the old motor and no change in the way it ran. It really feels like it is lean or retarded timing. Runs smooth as silk. I haven't tried to see if it will run any faster in reverse. I pulled the choke out a lil bit but no help at all in the way it ran. After seing plug and pulling choke out I kinda ruled out the lean part. Looked at the ground strap on the plug and the timing looks fine too..........for a 4 stroke.

Took carb apart again and it is clean as a whistle, took extra time and made sure three times. Air filter is new. Choke is not out of adjustment. New fuel filter. Blew out line into fuel tank before engine went in.

Thanks for all the help in getting it back together, I didn't ask but found your help in the search box!

Thanks!

Regards, Jeff
Obee is offline   Reply With Quote