View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 02:38 AM   #9
n2mudn
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: melted battery and hot wires

After really looking mine over. I had noticed that the previous owner of my cart had up graded to 4 gauge wire already. I had notice that the original wire coming from the controller was still 8-10gauge wire. I also noticed quite a bit of corrosion on my negative lead, connecting to the battery. I remover my controller cover and found that all of the wire was all small gauge. So a few feet of 4 gauge wire, 6.00 worth of copper lugs, some dielectric grease, and some heat shrink and I have this problem no more. It's not even warm. I also disconnected every battery terminal wire. Caked on the dielectric grease. And used locking nuts to resecure wire(like the good advice from JohnnieB said not to over tighten) and I was in business hope this helps you with yours. Oh also u might want to check to make sure none of ur batteries have not even one dead cell. Have each battery tested individually. All of these helpful tips was found wright here in this forum. Said it once I'll say it again. I'm glad I joined
n2mudn is offline   Reply With Quote