View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
dagrad
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: melted battery and hot wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mudn View Post
i have a 2004 ezgo txt pds 36 volt. i bought it about 2 mths ago. the guy i bought it from said he put 6 new trojan batteries in it. just today it stopped running. so i checked it ou.t i found the lead coming from the control box had melted the negative post of the first battery. so i went out and bought a new battery. before i took it for a run after replacing the melted battery i checked out this forum and many more. the better part of the info i found was all leading to a bad connection. i removed all of the battery lead wired. cleaned them and reinstalled them using dielectric grease. took for a run afterwards and noticed both wires coming from the control box was very hot. the negative lead more than the positive.
We have the same cart buddy. Funny...we had the same problem. I upgraded mine to 2 gauge and that problem is history. I didn't replace the one melted battery though. Found out that since my battery doesn't leak (top mount) I was allowed to simply drill and bolt on another terminal.

Also added 2 more batteries, so I am at 48v. 48v on board genius charger. 400 alltrax controller, HD solenoid...and anxiously awaiting my plum quick motor upgrade. ready to speed off to the DMV and get my cart street legal.
dagrad is offline   Reply With Quote