Thread: Next build :)
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
hilla
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Next build :)

Fairly productive day today. Got it up on stands and started with welding on new bolts for the roof mounts on the front. I decided to go with larger bolts since my experience with the factory ones on my other two G16's has shown me they are a weak link (welded or replaced each of them already). I then removed the tires, engine and shocks. I then spent some time cleaning the last of the mud and dirt off the chassis that I didn't get at the carwash. I also broke the throttle cable while removing the engine. As I understand it, you aren't having any fun unless something brakes. I taped off some of the wires and and a few other bits that I don't want painted. I then started on the body, removed all the decals and numbers that were on it and smoothed out the rougher spots with with a die grinder running very slow with a scotch brite type disc.

As you can probably tell this won't be a show cart, just a decent looking one that will see plenty of tree limb scrapes and mud

My wheels and tires also came in today, forgot to get a picture of them though.
If everything goes as planned I should be done in about 2-3 weeks. Jakes long travel has been ordered as well as an 18hp Vanguard and a roll cage/rear seat from Outback Custom fabricators. Not sure on the roll cage, it may be at least 3 weeks before it gets here.

hilla is offline   Reply With Quote