View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
retacon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 92 club car clicks but wont move

Hope someone can help.

I have a 1992 Club Car that won't move in forward or reverse. I brought it home from the course to do some clean up and discovered it wouldn't budge after I charged the batteries. When I discovered it wouldn't move, I checked all the battery cables and discovered quite a few were corroded. I replaced said cables and it still wouldn't budge. I did however notice if I left it on the charger it would go in forward and reverse on demand. I looked deeper and noticed the main power cables that were attached to an in-line fuse had corroded away. I replaced that with a 175 amp in-line fuse and it fixed the problem. Upon driving my cart out of my garage and down my hill, the bloomin thing decided to stop working again. Thinking I had purchased a fuse that was under rated for the power load and blown it, I took it off and attached the power cables directly to the battery....STILL no-go. I have checked over all my connections and can't seem to find any more loose or corroded ones.

When I press the go pedal the solenoid clicks once, but nothing more. I know the batteries have a good charge. Furthermore I tried to power the cart using the charger just to make sure and now it won't move with that either!

I really don't know what component to check first or how to ensure they are functioning correctly. Anyone that can help would be appreciated!
retacon is offline   Reply With Quote