View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 03:12 PM   #8
fchafey
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What's the life expectancy of a clutch drive belt?

I see this is an old thread, however I would like to add my own experience with an EZ GO TXT drive belt. We purchased the cart in April 2018 new from Capitol Carts, Georgetown, Texas. I have replaced the oil/filter every 6 mounts and each year, the plug, fuel filter, oil filter and air filter as well as lube the one point on the steering arm. The manual never talks about drive belt wear, only the starter/generator belt wear. The wife and I play a ton of golf at the Courses of Clear Creek, Fort Hood. By a ton I mean just over 200 rounds each a year. Yesterday o n our 19th hole of the day, with one to go, the cart just wouldn't go any longer. The clutches spun but no movement up a gentle slope. The forward reverse cable as well as the rear mechanism was fine. We got pushed in to the barn and trouble shot it to the cart moving forward and reverse flat and level, but nothing more. I am an old aircraft mechanic so time to do some data mining for a reason as well as call the cart fleet attendant and poke his brain. The belt is worn out after almost 4 years as the inside of the belt is sloped on both sides pretty severe and looking at a new belt the inside is the same width as the outside. The belt gets her tomorrow and I am sure it will solve the problem. My only gripe is I got no forewarning the belt was about to crash. When the wrong plug got put in a tune up kit, it showed itself as a 5ES definitely isn't close to a 2Es. Cart didn't run right, troubleshot and fixed it. The belt thing just showed up boom. I now know the belt is only good for almost 4 years of hauling a 240 pound male and 150 pound female around a golf course a whole lot....usually too fast....thanks for listening.
fchafey is offline   Reply With Quote