View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
rlw
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Location: Southeast Ohio -- "The Toenails of the Foothills of Appalachia"
Default 84 Marathon resistor cart project

I finally got some pictures of my '83 Marathon resistor cart. I also talked to my neighbor with the shop - he's going to let me work on it there this winter. Turns out he doesn't heat the shop, but builds a room out of tarps in it, then heats the room with a propane heater.

He's got a 2000-something electric club car, so he's familiar with carts. Looks like I hit the jackpot for expertise and facilities.

Here's my (other) neighbor's TXT cart next to mine.

Here's another view - she's pretty beat up, but she RUNS (poorly)!!!

Lots of knicks and bruises in the past 28 years, but fixable.

Under the seat - batteries are all catty-wompus - barely held up by the tray.

This is the BEST part of the battery tray. The rest of the tray has pretty much dissolved - there are a couple of 2x8s holding up the other batteries.

Rusty, but working, stock series motor.

Beeper, solenoid, wiper board.

Here's a close up of the hole in the corner of the battery compartment (near the driver's left knee). The battery tray gave way, causing the battery to lean/rub against the compartment wall, and ate a hole in it. Will have to fix that up with something when we get it all apart.

That's all for now. I'm hoping to get it over to the shop sometime next week and start the tear down. I hope to get lots of photos as things progress.

I'm going to do this rebuild as cheaply as I can. What's the old saying? "You can have it fast, cheap, or good. Pick any two." - I'm going for cheap and good, and will probably take all winter to do it.

RLW
rlw is offline   Reply With Quote