View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 01:20 AM   #6
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT Robin 295cc EH29C

I doubt that the dipstick tube is where the leak is. As far as i recall the tube is an interference fit into the crankcase and does not come out easily. The oil is most likely to be coming out of the pulse line spigot! Are you using a pulse fuel pump and if so, check the hose from this spigot to the pump for cracks/holes. If you are not using the pulse pump then this tube need to either be vented higher with a piece of hose or blanked off. If this is where the fault lies then it may also be indicating too much oil in the engine. Is your cart lifted and if it is, have you allowed for the engine being tipped back and showing less oil on the dipstick? It has been a while, so i cannot remember the actual quantity of oil needed for this engine but i think it may be around a quart (someone will correct me soon i am sure) In this scenario, when you refill the engine after a lift, you need to put the exactly correct amount of oil in and remark the dipstick with this new "full" level to prevent overfilling.

On a side note, i have worked on hundreds of these engines and never seen a pulse spigot or dipstick tube leak. It is usually either the pulse line cracked or the dipstick not sealing well in the guide tube. But having said that, leaks at these points suggest an issue elsewhere such as too much oil or too much crankcase pressure.

Hope this helps.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote