View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 09:56 PM   #15
Acidrain
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2003 TXT w/295cc 4-stroke won't start

Thanks guys!
Especially thank you Trig! I think it's me. I'm not familiar (obviously) with testing resistance.
The HF and Omega both test exactly the same, and when going back and re-looking, the existing pulsar tests .509 on 2K setting, so move the decimal 3 places and get 509 ohms? That puts me within range for an MCI. Am I correct?
Also, I pulled out my old ignitor, which was probably fine when I switched to GM HEI. Funny thing is, when I switched to the aftermarket ignitor, it was running fine for that last two or three years.
Anyway, I switched it back to the original ignitor and re-wired the entire harness. Tested all of the wires and connectors from one end to the other and find no issue with the wires and connectors. I'll grind/clean all the ground wires too.
I have to repair the two ends of the secondary coil wires, but I have the parts, and the coil tests as follows:
Primary 2.4 on 200 setting, so that checks out.
Secondary 11.70 on 20K, and 11.6 on 200K, so I think those check out OK too?
And finally, part of the work I did was install new plugs... NGK BKR5E's.
Are those correct for the MCI?
I think I'm going to put it all back together and try it unless I've completely miss-read the VOM or you guys think that would be a mistake.
Let me know if If that sounds like a good idea. I really appreciate EVERYBODIES input!
Acidrain is offline   Reply With Quote