View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 08:51 PM   #1
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Yamaha AC Drive Won't Move Just Chatters

I am working on a 2017 AC drive Yamaha with Neos Toyota controller. It is very strange, when depressing the accelerator pedal it just chatters badly and wont move.

I first did the usual and obvious stuff. Pack voltage good, loose damaged wires, solenoid operation. I felt like it was single phasing like the three phase motors I have seen at work many times when a variable frequency drive has failed.

I checked the resistance between phases and for a possible short to motor case. I don't know specifically what it should ohm out between phases, but the numbers were consistent, so I moved on feeling like the motor is fine.

This is where it gets strange, I swapped two of the phases on the motor to see if it would possibly chatter/move in the other direction like reversing the rotation on other three phase motors, and not only did it reverse the F/R direction but cart works smooth and semi normal. Only reason I say semi-normal, is forward is reverse and vice versa. In truth I probably wouldn't care and I would just swap the selector switch, but it is reduced speed reverse... um well now forward.

Has anyone ever seen this issue before? I feel like it is pickup sensor, or corrupt programming in the controller. I am inclined to think corrupt controller software just because if I remove the pickup out of the motor and install the phases correctly, it doesn't chatter anymore but just moves forward and backward correctly but super slow (limp mode).
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote