View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
turbosundance
Not Yet Wild

Default Handling with a lift kit

I have my Marathon lifted pretty high but not to crazy I don't think and I also have a 440 snowmobile motor so I'm capable of about 45MPH with my stock gears and 22" tires. I find that when I take corner pretty hard when I'm on the power my inside rear tire will lift a few inches off the ground and I can hear the engine rev up as the inside tire spins in the air.

What have people done to keep the cart from leaning so much? I plan to weld the rear gears (I only run off-road) to stop the one wheel peels but I would also like to keep all 4 wheels on the ground around corners. I think part of my problem may be my soft front suspension that articulates very easily. Has anyone ever installed an anti-roll bar? Would wheel spacers make a large difference? Would wheel spacers on the front effect my steering at all since it moves the pivot point away from the center of the tire? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I think I mainly need to work on keep the front end from leaning so much and lifting my stiff rear suspension.

I have exactly 12" from the bottom of my rocker to the ground with my lift.

Is it just time for a long travel front end?
turbosundance is offline   Reply With Quote