View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 03:00 PM   #6
ddlewis
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: engine tring to run after cart is stopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
most cases when this happens it is the micro switch in the box so i would start there............................................8 )
I am having the same problem on my dads '91 club car. I don't know anything about carts, but after poking around, discovering the box and the micro-switches, engaged by a mechanical arm that is part of the throttle linkage. I was sure that was the problem and ordered one. It came in, he (dad) put it in but it didn't help.

Any other guesses?

In this cart there were two microswitches stacked in that box (which I didn't realize until the new one came in) I tried the new one paired with both of the old ones.

which one controls the cut off, top or bottom?

can someone verify how the switches are supposed to be plugged in? Each switch has three male spade connectors, but only two are used on each switch. on the top switch the middle connector is left open and on the bottom, the right (engine side) spade connector is open. that right?

Also where's a good place to get a manual? Better yet, is there one online somewhere?

Anyway, sorry if my question(s) is too vague, just fishing for ideas. Thanks for reading.

Dan.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote