View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Post What Is This Noise?

Hey everybody I'm Back! I have a 1991 Ez-Go Marathon Electric that drives fantastic. It is not sluggish at all even on hills it crawls right up them like nothing. It doesn't buck or slip while driving, it can spin the tires on the cement floor if you floor it! Anyways, there has been a strange squeaking noise coming from the motor. It only makes this noise when I am climbing up onto the sidewalk or out of a rut, or if I stop the cart on a really steep hill and try to go again. The noise is not loud, its just a low pitched squeak. I first noticed the noise last winter. It has not gotten any worse whatsoever and the noise does not effect performance at all. It wont make the squeak if I go up a steep hill without stopping, but if I stop the cart on a steep hill and try to go the cart will continue up the hill but the motor will have a low pitched squeak. For the heck of it I parked the cart against the wall and pressed the gas and the noise IS coming from the motor. Brakes are not dragging, rolls easy, I honestly don't think the noise is anything to worry about, I have always thought it was just the motor working really hard. Its just a noise and it doesn't effect performance so I think it is nothing but I wanted to get some of you opinions on this noise.

It sounds EXACTLY like this. Video credits go to "Buddy 48".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bjZ_flsRQsw

What do you guys think?

Matt
pjmia96 is offline   Reply With Quote