View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
ba89
Not Yet Wild

Default clicking older style charger on an 05 36v

I have an 05 36 volt EZ Go Cart and as you can see I do a lot of stuff with it.Or maybe you can't I tried to post a link to the album. The batteries are 2 years old from Sam's .I've had it for about 3 years it was stock when I got it. I'm sure some of these answers are on the site somewhere but I'm having a hard time locating them. I have a speed chip in place and very big tires on it which can make it top out at 25 miles an hour . My question is about my older style txt charger. I bought it with this charger the total charge III guess whoever had it before switched the plug. It's making a clicking noise and it doesn't seem to want to charge my cart. I have had it open and cannot figure out what's wrong with it. Question 1 is can I just use a battery jump pack to charge up my golf cart just for a couple times. And also I see people selling a converted Stanley charger that you can buy for 100 bucks for 200 dollars as a golf cart charger what's the scoop on those. I have my lights hooked up to 2 batteries each with switches in the dash. 2 in front for the front lights 2 in the back to for the backlights. Could this be causing a problem. I actually unhooked them and tried to charge it without them hooked.I take decent care of my batteries but I have noticed a lot of corrosion. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to the cheapest fix I've only got about 1600 dollars invested in this car with everything so I don't want to spend a whole lot. Thanks and I really enjoyed looking at the site.
ba89 is offline   Reply With Quote