View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Need advice on a 1994 DS project cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westbayou View Post
On an impulse, I purchased a 1994 Club Car DS that had been sitting outside of a house up the street from me. Price: $300 including a working charger. At first I thought I had found the deal of the century, but now I am having my doubts. All of the parts are there (Stock), and after picking up a $35 set of used tires and wheels, I have a complete cart. The body is dirty, but in good shape. Seats look newish. Suspension has some rust, and the batteries are shot. The guy swears it ran before the batteries died, but it clearly hasn't run in a while, I'd say at least a couple years from the shape of the tires that were on it.

The cart is a 36v resistor coil cart, with the 5 coils located near the motor. It is going to need a set of batteries and a rewire minimum to get it moving.

My question is this: Is it worth putting the money in to making it nice? My original plan was to put a lift and tires on it, a rear seat kit, and run the family around the neighborhood at 15-20 mph. Can this be done on a budget or am I better off cleaning the cart up and selling it without getting it running and then just buying another cart that doesn't need as much work? I've built a bunch of Jeeps in the past, so doing the work myself isn't the issue. I'm in Florida, so it is flat, and the flipside is lifted carts in decent shape are easily bringing $3K+. My head is spinning at this point, and my kids were way too excited by it to just up and sell it and not replace it.
if you paid 300 you can part it out for at least 500......200 charger, 200 to 300 for motor and another 150 to 250 for the rest of it...........or find 3 12volt batteries and stick them in see if cart runs if so put a set of batteries in and either drive it as is or sell it......but for 300 you didn,t go wrong...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote