View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 02:33 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 48 volt club car

Your solenoid readings are good. The negative is provided by the controller. Having 48V on both small terminals means they are being provided voltage, and the coils are good. When the controller commands them ON the voltage on the negative side will drop, but the controller needs input from several other places before it allows that.

Very likely that if it was in water the controller is damaged.

You should have a silver case controller. That controller should cycle the solenoids when you flip the Tow/Run switch, or after unplugging from the charger. Listen for them to Click On, then back off after about 10 seconds.
If the solenoids don't click, you probably need a controller.

If they DO click, then check your FnR switch and see if it's getting power on the Red/White wire. Then check for voltage on the other two wires after flipping the switch to each position. I think its White for F, and the Blue for R. You may not have full 48V here, but as long as you read over 30V coming out of the switch that's fine.

Next would be to check for FnR switch input at the controller on the same two wires.
Then check for throttle switch input at the controller on the Green/White wire. Should show over 30V when you press the throttle.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote