View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 12:44 PM   #4
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Onward Stealth Stereo install

For the transducers I ended up buying the same PPI 5 channel amp they Furyous bought for his Cougar Scooter. Amazingly it worked, however; at low volume. I guess these little guys just don't have enough mass to turn the roof into a huge sub with lots of volume. Although I will say they were just about an equivalent to the 8" bazooka tube I tried to experiment with. So even though they were not a complete success, they weren't a failure either. Sadly i blew them both up trying to get them as loud as the rest of the speakers. If there was more room between those channels to hide larger transducers I would definitely be trying them

If anyone wanted a great sound and does not plan on wanting ridiculous volume the transducers are the way to go. They are cheap $19/each and require very little power to run. Plus the concept is just super cool and nobody has them in a cart.

So now I'm thinking a 10-12" sub in a sealed box mounted underneath, above the motor is the only way I'm going to be able to scratch this preverbal itch. This stereo has been months in the making. When I first asked Furyous to help me come up with a way to have a killer radio that nobody will see he just gave me a weird look and was like "oh I love a challenge and like the idea, but I have no clue how to pull it off". 4 months, many many beers and a ton of head scratching later, and the finish line is getting close.

I'll finish this story once it's 100% done and take some better pictures of the tweeters and wiring in the roof. I never imagined it would turn out this well in both sound and appearances. By far exceeded my expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote