View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 12:26 PM   #2
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Onward Stealth Stereo install

Here's what the Bose cube speakers look like going in. Since the grills are black plastic after you pull the Bose emblem and material off. You hardly notice them there even sticking your head under the dash

Measure up:

Cut and mount:

I also decided to mount the passive crossovers for the Tang subs and tweeters under the front body to hide them nicely as well

Ended up mounting the Tang speakers next to the roof bracket. You really hardly notice them there with the roof on. And the tweeters are shoe goo'd on the inside of the front roof lip. I painted them flat black and they blend right it with the roof. If I didn't point them out they are hard to notice even from the drivers seat.

Initial impression.... I was blown away. I couldn't believe the volume and sound quality of this fairly budget build. I've done very high end car stereos in my day and didn't think this quality level was possible for a couple hundred bucks worth of parts. If this was my wife's cart it would stop here. All I wanted originally was a budget setup that sounded better than the $28 motorcycle Bluetooth POS I had originally. And this fits the bill. At lower volume levels the subs crank and it really has a full sound. However the subs are limited at higher volume just because they don't have the surface area to move a ton of air.

So next challenge is figuring out how to hide a ton of bass. Furyous suggested transducers on the roof...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote