View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
GreattobeGreg@cfl.rr.com
Not Yet Wild

Default new owner of 1993 ez go medalist golf cart. Need assistance with electrical sys

Recently purchased a 1993 ez go golf cart. Believed to be a Medalist. It has a 4 stroke engine. I am trying to get a better understanding of the electrical system. The cart makes no attempt to start! I have replaced the 12 volt solenoid, battery and have now order a replacement ignition coil. I have also checked the foot pedal micro switch. It ohms out and seams to be working correctly. I have removed the starter generator and bench tested it with a battery. It spins at good rpm. I have 12.58 volts to the leads the go to the ignition coil. When the pedal is depressed. However i have been unsuccessful getting the starter to attempt to start the cart. (turn the key on and depress the pedal "Nothing" Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I purchased this as a project for myself and my teenage son. Help keep him out of trouble. Perhaps he and I will even learn something. I don't have the heart to tell him i'm stumped. Please advise.

Thank You
GreattobeGreg@cfl.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote