View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
DaveS
Not Yet Wild

Default 2005 Precedent Suddenly quit working

hi all

I have a 2005 CC Precedent that I have had for about a year. I recently put new batteries in the cart and the cart ran fine for about a week (although I did forget to put the run/tow switch in tow when reconnecting the cables, the cart ran for a week) My wife backed the cart out of the campsite the other day, flipped the fwd/rev switch to fwd and nothing. The cart is dead. I did some troubleshooting, have 53 volts across the pack (not under load). I thought I may have fried the controller and some of the CC troubleshooting pointed to that so I replaced it with no luck. The cart is still dead. The solenoid does not click when the pedal is pressed. I tried jumping the two large terminals of the solenoid with no luck. (There is pack voltage at the 2 large solenoid terminals) I read through the coil per the CC manual for 180-200 ohms and had 190. One thing I did notice is the reverse buzzer doesn't seem to work unless I plug the charger in for a few minutes. Then the buzzer works until the battery is disconnected again for more troubleshooting. The amp meter on the charger goes to below 5 amps in just a couple of minutes so I am sure the batteries are charged. I am at a loss, any ideas?

Thanks!
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote