View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 12:18 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Buy the right parts

Glen, I have noticed that your running 10" (rim size), tires when just about everyone else runs 12". I have always figured your doing this on purpose because it doesn't look like your afraid to spend money on that cart. i also know you like the 489's, they absorb a hellofalota impact.
I have been fortunate enough to have several carts with nearly identical suspension yet running vastly different tire setups. I run my big tire cart as you do yours, I would say my tires make up half of my suspension, I run over bumps that you can't even feel that would jar your eyeballs and make you want a kidney belt if I were to run over them with my cart that has the alltrails on it. The orange cart I ran the 489's on did twice as good as the cart with the alltrails, my big tire cart is probably twice as good as the orange one. and its all because of running big a$$ impact absorbing tires. The tires are maxxis mudbugs 27x12x10 on polaris rims, they stand 28 3/4" off the ground. I'm sure I don't push my cart as hard as you do yours, but i'll still get it a couple feet off the ground going over jumps. honestly without a rollcage and seatbelt I try to stay on the safer side of insane, but I can't help but cut loose every now and then. I'm not saying my cart will do as good as a long travel but being that it's a workhorse with a longer wheelbase, it does surprizingly well
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote