View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #10
Lawn Dart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 12 Volt back to 8 volt 99 Club Car DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
shadowman very correct: Generally, a marine deep cycle and a true deep cycle battery are the same. However, there are differences that do make one type of battery better suited for certain applications and environments than others. The primary differences between the battery types are 1) exposure to environmental conditions and 2) size of the battery's plates.

Corrosion Resistant. Marine batteries have been designed to withstand the harsher environments often associated with a marine environment that often speed the corrosion process including:

exposure to water
exposure to salt
Battery Plates. Another difference between these battery types are the sizes of the plates. A marine battery has a thinner plate for higher cranking amps--or in other words--the thinner plate is better for the rigors of starting a battery. Deep cycle batteries have a thicker plate for slower discharge.

Lawn Dart look at the negative post on your Trojans and tell us what says...should say something like C8 or A1...and did the batteries have water or were they ever charged dry as far as you know?
I am at work for a few more hours and i will head home and check them. I don't know what the previous condition was. I bought the cart off some older guy on Craigslist. He said the batteries was bad. But like i said when we first got the cart we had one showing no voltage so my brother put some 12v semi-batteries in it and it was rolling and charging. But now i revisited those batteries considering buying one new one for the time being just to put the 8 volt setup back in it and all had about an equal charge.
Lawn Dart is offline   Reply With Quote