View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 07:39 AM   #1
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default always a voltage issue

Past couple months i have been keeping the cart on the back burner being i have got into another hobbie .. 1/10 scale Rc crawling lol

Have had a few issues to attend to, had to get a new battery being it had a hole rubbed in it, had to get a new wire from the controller to the vglide since it looked rough, and stuck a new brush on the vglide cause well it was old.. problem im having is the pack just dosnt seem like its where it needs to be. i can still get the 20mph out of it but something isnt right

At WOT after a full charge i remember my meter being at 48.6 wide open flat out.. now it is 1v shy of that at 47.6.. i have gone through and cleaned all the battery ends, wire wheeled them and dielectric greased everything and it wont come back to where it was.. I have my big manual charger i stick on till hit hits 63 volts and then unplug it.. then ill set my maintainer on and it floats at about 53.6 im wondering if i just have to run that new battery through the loops again to make it even?

I had some corrosion on the battery cable ends which took off the protective coating and im gonna cut the ends off and make them good again also with heat shrink this time.. Sad thing is my buddy hooked me up with this aerospace 1/0 wire and i dont want to mess it up lol

any other ideas would be appriciated.. I need to get a battery meter turkey baster thing and see if they are all the same to i beleive? put them on the meter last night and they were all between 6.31 and 6.34

Thanks again guys for any input
Gallachera89 is offline   Reply With Quote