View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 08:57 PM   #3
Threewheelmotion
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: ‘88 Converted Club Car- smoothed riding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
Hello-

I have a 1988 Club Car DS that I completely rebuilt, and I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out, but I have one question about it.

The specs first:
23.5” tires, 6” lift
ScottyB upgrade kit with his new throttle pedal
Alltrax SR48400 and 200 AMP solenoid (formerly resistors)
All brand new 4 AWG cables for everything
New battery pack, still 36v
Stock motor
HD F&R switch
Tons of cosmetic stuff

I built this cart and we are now using it as a family cart, and it drives pretty well, but I’m constantly getting complaints that it rides “jerky.” The acceleration isn’t nearly as smooth as a stock club car or Ez-Go, and it’s easy to accelerate too fast, or let up on the pedal so the motor jerks the rear axle.

I’ve messed with the controller programming a little, but I don’t want to mess with it too much. Is there any way I can adjust this thing to just make it smooth and safe, like a stock cart?

It’s great to have all the torque, but I have children riding it, and I’d definitely like it to drive easier. What should I change?

Thank you
Luke L.
I played with my controller a bit. I think you can turn the throttle all the way down and it won’t be as torquey. That’s all the info I can give now. I upgraded mine to 48 and alltrax spm 400amp. At 30% throttle mine will bark the tires on forward and reverse. I’d hate to see it with it turned up more ! It’s a torque monster with the 20 inch tires. I also used a pb-6 so that may “soften” my throttle response a bit?

Last edited by Threewheelmotion; 12-27-2017 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: Add more stuff
Threewheelmotion is offline   Reply With Quote