View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: 3 link or 4 link rear suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka329 View Post
Hey sho, does that clone have more power than the stock G9?
Lol! My butt-meter says it has exactly double. If you have a way to put one in, I can't see the point of rebuilding the stock engine. Its way more fun, the torque is significantly more. Going to do a few mods to mine because it does not want to rev any higher than stock, so you get the same top speed, but it gets there way faster. You can just dust a stock cart and make them feel bad. My inlaw (that is the cart I posted here I put the clone in) loves to blow me off the road. We race and get to top speed and he has 10 cartlengths on me or better. Kept the stock clutch in that but it does have a cut secondary sheave on it. With big knob 22s on it if you turn right in dirt and floor it, it tosses a rooster 20'.

Here is a video when it still had the wrong jet, I got it closer now but it gives you an idea. He hit the gas too soon, we were side by side so you can guess. He let off at that fence post I think.

Check my post on clone specs here in yamaha gas, there was a few issues fitting it in a G9 I still want a different setup on the carb.

However I do a lot of yard work and towing and hauling with this cart, we are pretty mellow on trails. If I got another cart and only trail rode it, I'd like to put a better suspension on it. I'd like to build it myself using a quad front.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote