View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 03:27 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Charging tow or run mode

Unless it was modified, it may be a 2014 or later. Club Car Excel carts manufactured from October '13 to present have E.R.I.C. systems, prior to that they had OBC's from '95 forward on the 48v carts. The Key On just provides power to the positive activation side of the solenoid (among other things) and the Run/Tow doen't really effect the ERIC system as it is a stand alone smart charger. Placing the cart in Tow will power down the controller if you are leaving it stored for a long period. But with an ERIC or OBC it still charges in Run or Tow. For general safety purposes, I always have my keys left in the Off position and rocker switch or FNR in neutral if not on the cart. If little ones are around, I flip it to Tow so they can not accidentally engage the drive systems while playing.

If you have to tow the cart (Sepex), then you must be in Tow to protect the motor or the controller will try to activate the Roll-Away brake and damage your motor. No need to remove the Negative unless you have a faulty Run/Tow switch that is On all the time.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote