View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 08:56 PM   #8
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Adhesion promoter or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
Considering that the whole process took around three hours from delivery of the panels to the shop and the subsequent "it's ready call" I guess I should have been suspicious. Factor in the " It's only a golf cart and going to get torn up anyway" comment that got thrown in along the way and I should have been on high alert but the painter assured me that this would be a decent and acceptable job. I guess that a $200 friday evening after hours job is going to cost me a lot more than I anticipated and I pretty much got what I paid for. Crap. :(

Chris.
Bump ! Just spoke with the painter who assured me that the mix etc was correct for the panels in question. He has offered to correct the issue next weekend and I offered to assist him in the removal and re-application of the offending nastiness. He (and I quote) used bully dog adhesion promoter before applying the base and clear which was a "Nason?" based paint system but found some areas to be contaminated with an oil residue. He is a young guy and very enthusiastic about rectifying the situation but I have some doubts about his ability to achieve the desired finished product. I will ( with all due dilligence) read the most informative posts here regarding this issue but in the meantime, what would you suggest is the best course of action to take ? Scrub the panels right down to base again ? A complete re-paint or are there other options ?
Respectfully,

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote