View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #7
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Adhesion promoter or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by master66 View Post
This could be several issues so my first question is do you know the painter, and if so how experienced is he?
One could be did he tried to use a flex additive in the paint and or clear, if he did and did not mix it correctly this could cause it.
Two could be that he used way to much hardener which prolongs the dry time by "could be days".
Three could be a version of what you thought, if you hammer on a bunch of adhesion promoter and then put color over the top right away this will also cause some version of this.
I would be willing to guess it has something to do with material mixing but like I said just a guess because it's tough without seeing it. I would definately bring it back and ask them questions about thier process and materials used.
Considering that the whole process took around three hours from delivery of the panels to the shop and the subsequent "it's ready call" I guess I should have been suspicious. Factor in the " It's only a golf cart and going to get torn up anyway" comment that got thrown in along the way and I should have been on high alert but the painter assured me that this would be a decent and acceptable job. I guess that a $200 friday evening after hours job is going to cost me a lot more than I anticipated and I pretty much got what I paid for. Crap. :(

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote