Old 01-22-2022, 11:27 AM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Planning Engine Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo dah View Post
Slonomo;
I have a 2013 TXT that I stretched to a 6 seater and plan was 670HF but they are so expensive now and hard to find used; will a smaller twin help my low end? I have 25" tires, 6" lift, etc...so cart is heavy but will run 28-30 on flat ground with just me but load 6 people coolers etc and it will barely hit 20 and forget about making it up a hill. Have GBoost springs, buttons, and HD belt so I have done everything I can for the Kawasaki but spending a grand for a 670 isn't in the cards right now.
Yes a 16hp Vanguard Vtwin will have about double the torque of a stock golf cart engine, and would be a vast improvement. With that said, 6 people and a cooler? That's a lot of weight. Not sure any of these options will turn that limo cart into a "hill climber". I'd definitely do some performance mods no matter what engine you choose. Remember, you get what you pay for. A $400 Harbor Freight clone engine isn't anywhere near a $1700 23hp Vanguard as far as power, longevity, etc. Spend the money once and do it right. For that big cart I'm thinking a big vtwin with Mikuni slide carb, cam, rev kit, port and polish heads at the bare minimum. You'll also want to hook up a one wire alternator to power that rig.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote