View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 01:56 AM   #4
David Maner
Morel Man

Club Car

Default Re: Getting rid of torque converter putting in sprocket. need help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstew25 View Post
I have an EZGO txt and I'm doing an engine swap putting in a Kawasaki 350 motorcycle engine. Problem is I have to remove the part of the torque converter on the rear axle and put in a sprocket. The shaft coming out of the rear axle is splined need help figuring out a way to get a sprocket to mount to it. I was looking for splined sprocket hubs that are pretty heavy duty because this engine has got massive amounts of power for a golf cart and don't need the sprocket to break or strip the shaft of the axle. It's a motorcycle engine so it doesn't have a reverse gear that's the reason behind staying with the golf cart axle and not going to a live axle. The golf cart axle has a forward or reverse lever and I need to keep that.
Years ago I used a CV joint from a vw beetle on a project. In order to mount a V pulley to it I found that, if my memory serves me right, a 1 inch hub fit the shaft. I simply took a 1/4 by 1/4 inch key stock and ground it to fit into one of the splines on the VW shaft. Worked for years without a problem. If the shaft isn't a size that you can find a hub for have the hole drilled/machined out to fit the shaft and a key way broached in. You're good to go then
David Maner is offline   Reply With Quote