View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Planning a motor upgrade. NEED HELP

IIRC about 95 and older CC are CCW like other carts, the newer ones are backwards. The 1" belts system is not that great but you can get around that, others run it and it works. A clone is a honda gx390 copy they come in 390/420/440/460cc now and lots of people sell them, Lifan is a major maker, all made in China. They are a slant single cylinder splash lube engine.

My 420 with some minor mods has hit 38mph on gps on 22" tires its a G9 yamaha. Power is about double stock it will spin the tires in dirt no problem, spins up hills, it could be pretty unsafe for certain people to drive. Twin will give you even more torque but they don't cost $300 new, so take your pick. I likely have around 600 into mine total with all the mods, custom exhaust, cut/ported head, removed governor, etc. Stock cam yet and stock carb. Its a 420cc lifan from home depot.

Check my last video make sure you watch the end. Just put a new duster clutch on and it is not shifting right but still goes. Waiting on new weights for it right now.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote