View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #3
crowley
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 81 DS Resistor Coils Speed Steps

Thanks for the reply. Very informative. I have fiddled a bit with the solenoids trying to make certain they are all activating as they should. All of my coils are very sturdy and quite clean. I think I have no worries there. I will have to monkey with the throttle and microswitches to get them in fine working order.

Currently, I direct wired the master and solenoid 2 to trigger at the same time. To me it seemed odd to get a micro and solenoid to trigger and not get any movement out of the cart. It seemed that they first click should activate the circuit and engage first speed. Any thoughts on why this is not the proper way?

The second click, does nothing, as it is already in first speed. Next micro/solenoid triggered, the torque really kicks in and will spin the tires and snap your head back. The last noticeable speed change is very minor, it may be the top speed. I am not sure. Five solenoids and four speeds make perfect sense. I just have to get it all ticking along as the throttle is pressed.

I should probably get the brakes fixed before getting too much speed out of it. The Fred Flintstone method is a bit lacking in safety, but has a surplus of hilarity.

Even in it's current state, it made a fine whitetail recovery vehicle this past weekend and my kids will love it around the house.
crowley is offline   Reply With Quote