Old 11-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Street Legal - Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahjo View Post
Hello,

I am new to the golf cart owner's community and I have a question regarding making my golf cart street legal. I read quite a few threads regarding street legal golf carts; however, the laws seem to differ from state to state and I hope someone can share with me their experience in legalizing their Golf Cart in Louisiana.

To make a long story short, I purchased a 2008 CC Precedent about 2 weeks ago and the cart came with many of the accessories needed to make it street legal - i.e. headlamps, front & rear turn signal lamps, tail lamps, stop lamps, exterior driver & passenger side mirror, horn, hazard lights, center interior mirror, windshield & seatbelt (front & back). It appears all I have left to add is the reflex reflectors, windshield wiper, speedometer & 17 digit VIN. The guy I bought it from is dropping off the MSO next week and I do have a Bill of Sale. My specific questions are as follows:

1.) Where is the best place to purchase reflex reflectors, manual windshield wiper and speed odometer? W

2.) Where do the reflex reflectors need to be placed on the cart?

3.) I read Louisiana requires an Odometer disclosure statement is needed. What is this and how do I obtain one?

4.) My cart doesn't have a VIN number. Will this be provided once the cart is street legal or do I need to have one before?

5.) How do I get the process started? Are there specific forms to fill-out before going to the DMV?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can answer my questions and maybe share their experience(s) with me.
At first I thought you were kidding...

Then I decided to do a quick search on the net...

There are no Odometers or VINs that I know of on non-LSV carts. I can only assume that if you bought an LSV new it would have it. My advice is to locate a club car dealer and ask them - they should know. The CC dealer in Baton Rouge showed LSVs on the same Goggle search.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote