View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 05:28 PM   #71
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Talk Me Into a Big Block Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
With the honda you are going to have the UT-2 system. If you like the electronic governor limiting rpms maybe. BUT at twice the price of one of the other clones it isn't my choice. If you look in detail the weakest part of these engines it is valve train. I bought some genuine honda rocker arms to see if they differed in any way from the clone units. They did not. With the present situation I would get the 440 cc Duromax with its 10 bolt block and UT1 ignition system. I would add shaft rockers and HD push rods and valve springs for a really bullet proof set up with limited rpms. All this would be Way less than the honda.
I would agree for cart use you don't need a honda the clones are pretty good these days long as you break them in before you scream them above stock rpm. Sure the honda might be a little better the kart guys say the block is stronger however now you can get 10 bolt clone blocks that are stronger. And you don't even need that unless you put a cam in and run 6K rpm. Far as power the clones probably have more torque for a GC due to more displacement than the 390, which would be better. I have that lifan run all the time since 2012 no problems with it. It quit the other day I put a spark plug in and it was off running fine again, I think it was the original clone plug from 2012. In the summer it gets used every day to get the mail and stuff.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote