View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #4
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Default Re: Battery Prices & Comparison

I had a 1999 Yamaha with 6-8volt batts and when the trojans died I put in US battery from my local Club Car dealer. That was in 2008 and they went bad in 2009 so I put in another total set of "Energizers" from Sam's club (no warranty anymore) and they were getting week in the last few months so I sold the cart and got a 2008 Club car.

I really believe the problem may not have been with the batteries but with the Yamaha charger which was a 1999 model and had failed on me once before. I had actually transferred the US batteries into a 1996 club car and used that charger and the batteries began to come back to Almost full charge, since the Club car charger was doing a better job.

The new 2008 CC I have has the 2010 Trojan batteries so you would think they should last. However, as many people know, Club Car and Trojan have stopped all business together and are suing each other over the +12 volt battery problems. Club car has lost a ton of money over the failed batteries under their 5 year warranty. CC blaims the Trojan battery and Trojan blaims the Club Car OBC and Charger. Club car has gone back to the 8 volt battery system and is using US Battery in all new carts. TahoeDawg has posted on this web site that if anyone changes back to 8 volt batts they will need to change out the OBC card to get proper charging. I'm sure a lot of people would like to know the real answer to this issue, since there are 100's of people with Club Cars that still have the 12 volt batteries and are wondering when and why will their batteries fail,... and would like to know how to prevent failures.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote