View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 08:42 AM   #3
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Club Car DS Lithium Conversion

The BMS touchscreen needed to be mounted in the dash. Since this cart is a beach theme (it’s name is the “Stone Crab”), I thought this vinyl floor sample would make a great way to inset the screen in the factory dash. I had to use two samples and trim to fit, then used shoe goo to hold them on.
. It came out great.

Here’s where I got a little artsy. I just bough an engraving but kit for my Dremel, and I wanted to try them out. I started doing bubbles, seaweed, and a jellyfish across one frame rail.

At first I was worried what my buddy would think as it needed a lot more work, but the more I worked on it the better it came out.
Doing this without his permission, but decided that the top plate for the battery needed to be done with a stone crab and the other frame rail needs to match this one. More on that later.
Last night finished all the high amperage cable and wiring the forward/reverse contractors.

Lots of temporary connections for the low amperage stuff. Using the factory harness is looking like less of an option since we are eliminating the solenoid, forward/reverse switch, and OBC. I think we just ended up staring at the factory harness diagram for at least an hour trying to figure out how to make it work. We did power up the controller and unfortunately found that this controller was set up for 0-5v throttle input and not the 0-5k ohm signal we need. I have to dig out my usb to serial adapter, download the drivers, load the software onto a laptop, and plug in and program the controller.

With that small setback, I set my sights back on the engraving if the stone crab. It’s coming in awesome, and the frame rail engraving makes sense now. It looks different from every angle, with some of the metal reflecting light and other parts deflecting it.
Getting close to having this thing going, but I really think it might be easier to make my own harness or modify the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote