View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 08:24 AM   #2
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Club Car DS Lithium Conversion

We then went on to assemble the pack with aluminum plates sandwiching the cells together using 1/4” allthread, washers, and locknuts. Also, mounted the bus bars, Anderson connector, top plate, and tap harness for the Zeva BMS.

At the cart, the aluminum panels were fitted and secured using self tapping screws and a drill. The process required an impossible amount of times where we kept scratching the paint on the top rails, so we decided to sand them off. Actually looks better without paint on top.
You can also see that we mounted the Alltrax 500 amp controller. Got this used on EBay for a couple hundred dollars.
Mounted the battery, accessory fuse panel, forward/reverse contractors, and began making cables with 2 gauge welding cable for the high amperage stuff.
During this process we discovered that an old Club Car cooler I had laying around fit snuggly between the frame rail on the other side. We decided that I need to fabricate a bottle holder for liquor out of plexi and this will hold the ice.
While we were at it, an MCOR 4 upgrade was done for a bit better throttle response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote